Make learning about dental care fun for your children so that trips to your family dentist will go much more smoothly. Here’s how.
Recently, we shared a number of dental health care resources for your family, including coloring projects, games and other activities. Today, you’ll discover another terrific web site for your family that features interactive family fun: the National Museum of Dentistry . Go to the site, click on the “Let’s Go” button (available in English or Spanish) and then you can let the fun begin!
A cute character named Mouthie - who looks like teeth and gums - guides you through dental care info through a series of games and challenges.
At the start of the game, you will be assigned a game code. If you decide to stop playing the game for a while, you can pick up where you left off by entering the game code. Mouthie then guides you and your children through his laboratory, where children who learn something important about dental care receive a tooth. Win all the teeth in the lab and be awarded a certificate of achievement.
Learn about the negative effects tobacco has on a person’s overall dental health care, and then you get to create a fun anti-smoking poster.
Read more »
Dental care resources: find the information you need to make educated dental health care decisions - for yourself and for your family.
Use this information to find out more about what helps keep your family’s teeth and gums healthy - and to discover ways to share the news about dental services with people of all ages in your family. Here goes!
The quality of dental care products that you choose can make a big difference in the oral health of your entire family
. To help you with your shopping list, here’s a list of more than 400 dental health care products with the American Dental Association (ADA) Seal of Acceptance. These products include “toothpaste , dental floss , manual and electric toothbrushes , mouth rinse and chewing gum.”
Find fun ways to share dental care tips with your children.
One of the easiest ways is to print out dental pictures that your children can color. Use this coloring time as a way to talk about dental health without being pushy or too obvious about your goal. This will also be a great time to chat about an upcoming family dentist visit and what dental services your child should expect. Coloring pages can be found in many places online, including:
Read more »
For a blend of general dental care and cosmetic dentistry, talk to your dentist about tooth colored fillings.
If, after an examination and cleaning, your dentist recommends fillings to prevent further tooth decay (fillings are placed in teeth to ‘fill the hole’ created by decay), ask him or her about natural colored fillings. These fillings are crafted from composition resins and, because they match natural teeth in color and texture, they are much less noticeable than traditional fillings - and can even improve the appearance of your smile.
Your dental care professional may advise traditional fillings, rather than tooth colored ones, for back teeth.
Tooth colored fillings may be right for your children’s teeth as well as adult teeth.
Read more »
What about a dental makeover for the person who is usually busy taking care of everyone else?
Attention, moms! Your life is hectic. We know that.
As a matter of fact, in 2005, Edelman Financial Services calculated that moms take on so many “jobs” that their salary would be more than $707,000 if they were paid for the countless tasks they perform to keep their children happy and healthy and their home life running smoothly.
It’s important, though, for moms to take a break every now and then. Did you know that you can get a dental makeover from cosmetic dentistry specialists located right in your family dentist office at DentalWorks?
Read more »
If you need a family dentist or are ready to switch to a new one, or you’ve recently moved and need a new hometown dentist, here are 5 important reasons why DentalWorks should be your dental care provider:
- We provide family dentistry services to people and smiles of all ages. So, no matter your age, we can provide the dental health care services you want and need.
- You shouldn’t have to choose between the care you need and the care that you can afford. That’s why we maintain reasonable prices and offer several payment and financing options. We can even help you determine which one is best for your budget.
- You’ll find a wide range of dental services, from
Read more »
You want to find just the right family dentist for your children â€“ and hereâ€™s how!
Before selecting a family dentist, ask yourself these questions:
1. Does this dentist focus on educating my children about lifelong dental health care?
Youâ€™ll want a dentist who shares information with your children, letting them know how to take care of their teeth now to avoid future issues.
2. What are the business hours at this dental care office and what should you do in the case of dental health care emergencies?
Read more »
Discover how to choose a family dentist who is just right for your family.
- Choose one that does a thorough examination during regular checkups
- Choose a family dentist who explains treatment options and who shares the advantages, disadvantages and cost of each choice
- Select one who stresses preventative dental health care
- Select a family dentist who pays close attention to detail
- Ask yourself some questions:
- Is the entire dental health care team friendly and helpful?
- Do they behave in a professional manner?
- Are the hours and location convenient for your family?
- Does this dentist provide affordable family dental care?
- Can you get the dental care services you want and need?
Using this checklist, you should be able to find the family dentist you need. Read more »
Welcome to the DentalWorks dental care blog where youâ€™ll find news about dental health care for the entire family.
At DentalWorks, we pride ourselves on providing:
- Outstanding dental health care
- Exceptional service
- Incredible value
- Convenient dental services in your neighborhood
Hereâ€™s how we created a dental care practice that was more affordable, accessible, responsive and patient friendly. Read more »